Wednesday, February 1, 2023

February 1, 1943 - Monday - 80 years ago today

Status - John Skinner - USS Fullam: 

John was on duty at his new destroyer, the USS Fullam, at the Charlestown Navy Yard in Boston.  

A Meeting

For some time now we have been foreshadowing a certain meeting.  It seems that it was about this time that it happened.  

Mary McLaughlin:

One night I was reading a paper after one of our dances and a tall good-looking blond man came up and hit the paper.  This was my introduction to John Skinner.  I had noticed him watching me for some time.  I danced with him at the dance we had a couple of days later.  I remember that we talked about two movies -  Casablanca and Random Harvest. I liked the first and he liked the second. 

More Information:

 

NEXT POST:  FEBRUARY 5TH

No comments:

Post a Comment